May — “The Kiwanis Club of Canton has sponsored a Circle K Club at Reinhardt College. This is the first to be organized this year and brings our total to thirteen.” (Georgia District Kiwanian)
September — William P. Layton, Chm., published “Circle K Club News” in the Georgia District Kiwanian. He wrote, “Four of our Circle K Clubs were represented by eight members in attendance at the International Circle K Convention in Denver, August 28-30. James B. Edwards of the University of Georgia Club was International Vice President, and Winfred R. Anthoney of the Georgia State College of Business Administration Club was elected an International Trustee. This delegation extended an invitation to hold the International Circle K Convention in 1959 in Atlanta.
“The Georgia District Circle K Club Convention will be held in Atlanta on Tuesday, October 22, with a morning and afternoon session at the Georgia State College of Business Administration. Those in attendance will have lunch with the Kiwanis Club of Atlanta at the Dinkler Hotel at 12:30 P.M., at which time Noah Langdale, Jr., President of Georgia State College Circle K Club, will be the speaker.
“We sincerely hope that many representing the Kiwanis District of Georgia can attend this meeting and we have asked District Governor Glenn Reed, Jr., to open the session with a word of welcome.”
The Kiwanis International Board of Trustees accepted a proposal to allow the establishment of Circle K Districts on February 22, 1957. The very first Circle K District to be officially recognized was the Texas-Oklahoma District. The second Circle K District was Kentucky-Tennessee which was closely followed by Michigan. Four more Districts were added in the 1957-58 administrative year: Missouri-Arkansas, California-Nevada-Hawaii, Ohio, and Alabama.